The overall objective of the project is to reduce long-term unemployment and dependence on guaranteed minimum assistance, by effectively involving vulnerable groups, especially users of guaranteed minimum assistance, in the labor market, by including them in specialized skills development programs and services.
This project has 2 components:
SIM Counselling and Motivation Programme
The SIM Programme for Counseling and Motivation is intended to stimulate and assist the process of involving users of guaranteed minimum assistance in training and other active employment measures and thereby facilitate the inclusion of these individuals in the labor market.
This component / programme consists of two types of support:
1. Counseling support (before persons are actively involved in employment) aims to assist users of guaranteed minimum assistance in the process of their activation and integration into the labor market, with an expected reach of 1200 persons.
2. Mentoring support (at a time when the beneficiary is involved in training or other active employment measures), aims to identify the personal and professional barriers and difficulties that users face during the training or employment process and identifying factors and reasons that make it difficult for the user to integrate into the training or employment environment, with an expected reach of 1200 people.
Support Employment by Trainings
Support Employment by Trainings, whose primary goal is to improve the skills and knowledge of users of guaranteed minimum assistance, by means of trainings, internships and subsidized employment, to facilitate the inclusion of these persons in the labor market.
This component / programme consists of three measures:
1. Training for vocational occupations (required occupations in the labor market) with an expected reach of 1200 persons.
The aim of this measure is to increase the employability of the unemployed by acquiring the knowledge and skills required in the labor market. Persons supported by this measure will be provided with adequate remuneration.
2. In-work trainings (training at a known employer) with an expected reach of 400 persons.
The aim of this measure is to increase the employability of the unemployed through the acquisition of knowledge and skills for the occupations of the labor market. Persons supported by this measure will be provided with adequate remuneration.
3. Cost-sharing employment (wage subsidy), with an expected reach of 400 persons.
The purpose of this measure is to provide financial support for the creation of new jobs and the employment of unemployed persons who are beneficiaries of a guaranteed minimum assistance, with the payment of funds to the employer, as a subsidy to the employee's salary and to cover the costs of preparation of the person in employment.
The project "Labour Market Activation of vulnerable groups" has a duration of 36 months and has been started with implementation since 20 September 2019. The total project budget is 4,191,401.00 EUR, of which 3,000,000.00 EUR will be provided by the European Union Delegation / IPA; 349,768.00 EUR from the National Co-financing and 841.633.00 EUR from the budget of the Agency for Employment of Republic of North Macedonia.